The Best Exotic Magnolia Hotel
Inspirational Hotel: The Magnolia in Victoria is everything a hotel should be, and its awards for both restaurant and hotel prove it, including the Conde Naste Readers Choice Awards last year. Spring Getaway, Corporate Perks and Longer Stay specials offer small savings, but given the quality of this hotel, any savings are welcome.
I love a good hotel, and The Magnolia, just steps from Victoria’s picturesque Inner Harbour, is a great one. I mean, I’ve never seen a list of awards like those below. To encourage folks to refresh their love of hotels, The Magnolia is offering a spring Friend’s Trip to Victoria deal. Victoria provides the perfect base to reconnect and rediscover the joy of friendship, while soaking in Vancouver Island’s unique culture and savouring the delicious culinary scene and lively nightlife of this vibrant west coast city.
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa provides an elegant backdrop and comfortable surrounds from which to explore, with a central location moments away from the picturesque Inner Harbour and spacious rooms with plush furnishings and thoughtful touches. Government Street, Fort Street and Johnson Street offer endless restaurant opportunities from tapas bars to elegant rooms for fine dining, cocktail lounges and local brunch spots. Historic Chinatown offers striking architecture and shopping opportunities as well as the chance to squeeze down Canada’s narrowest street, Fantan Alley. Reflect on the city’s important cultural heritage as the traditional lands of the Coast Salish People by booking a walking tour that departs from Ship Point every Wednesday to Sunday, starting June 1st, or offered year round for groups of six or more.
The hotel’s collection of Curated Trails offer a range of themed itineraries for guests to explore at their own pace, with highlighted recommendations for local’s favourite spots along the way. Choose from Beautiful Boutiques or the Tapas Trail or venture further on one of the hotel’s complimentary bikes with a Bikes, Beans and Blooms map as your guide or Running Maps that take in Victoria’s pretty neighbourhoods and notable scenic beauty.
The hotel’s Spring Getaway package includes an elegant guestroom, $75 per night credit for dining in The Courtney Room or towards room service or the mini bar; continental breakfast each morning and filtered bottled water in the room.
Start the getaway with the hotel’s brand new Sparking Welcome, which starts on Easter weekend. Guests who check in on a Friday or Saturday will receive a complimentary glass of local, Vancouver Island Charme de l’île sparkling wine – what better way to begin your stay in a city brimming with charm and life.
To book, visit www.magnoliahotel.com/specials or call 1.877.624.6654 to find out more. The Spring Getaway package is available for stays until June 30, 2022; a two night minimum stay is required.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards
- 2021 – #5 Top Hotel in Canada
- 2020 – #1 Top Hotel in Canada & #7 in top Hotels for Service in Canada
- 2019 – #2 Top Hotel in Canada
- 2018 – #4 Top Hotel in Canada
- 2014-2017 – Consistently rated in the top 5 Top Hotels in Canada
Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice
- 2021 – #12 Top Hotel in Canada
- 2019 – #4 Top Hotel in Canada
- 2018 – #6 Top Hotel in Canada
- 2014-2017 – Consistently rated in the top 5 Best Hotels in Canada
Travel & Leisure World’s Best Awards
- 2017 – #1 Best City Hotel, Canada
- 2016 – #7 Best City Hotel, Canada
4 Diamond AAA/CAA Awards
- 1999-2021 – 4 Diamond Hotel
Condé Nast Johansen’s
- 2020 – Best Dining Experience
- 2017 – Best Green Hotel shortlist
- 2012- 2021 Recommended Hotels
US News & World Report
- 2021 – #2 Best Hotels in Victoria & Vancouver Island
- 2019-2020 – #11 Best Hotels in Canada
- 2016-2018 – #4 Best Hotels in Victoria & Vancouver Island
The Courtney Room Restaurant
- 2020 – Vancouver Magazine Restaurant Awards – Finalist Best Victoria Restaurant
- 2019 – Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants #94
- 2018 – Air Canada’s enRoute Magazine, #10 Best New Restaurant in Canada